Monday, March 6, 2017

March 6th - Happy Happy Birthday

Today is my Dad's birthday. He'd be 81. What I wouldn't give for him to 
still be here with us. Happy Happy Birthday Dad! You maybe gone from the 
world as we know it, but you are and will always be a part of our lives.
I posted this 3 yrs ago, but felt it worth a repost!

Today, March 6th is my Dad's birthday. He would be 77. Dad died 
13 years ago this April. Sitting outside a year or so before he died 
he said 'I'd like to come back as a butterfly. They are so carefree 
and free.' We scattered Dad's ashes at sunrise one morning. 
He was finally free. We also had a butterfly release that morning. 
One butterfly hung back. Fly we told it, you're free. It flew. Today, 
Dad's birthday with the wind howling and rain falling, a beautiful 
yellow swallowtail came down the chimney at my Mom's house 
and settled on the fireplace screen. My brother Michael took this cell 
phone pic of it. It's on a paper towel on a old oil lamp next to the computer. 
Dad always sat next to that lamp. It's cold out, it's 
March, it's not butterfly weather. 
Love you lots, miss you lots ....... Happy Birthday Dad xx

No comments: