Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day #1 - Our Resident Squirrel

I have a resident squirrel that lives in the tree next door. He swiped a clementine that I'd tossed out. No, I didn't create this little piece of art nor did I put it on my fence like this, my resident squirrel did! Crafty little thing isn't he? 

I was on the phone earlier with my cousin in England when I saw this woodpecker hanging out on my almost empty nugget feeder. I grabbed my camera and while talking to Jan, I got on the kitchen counter and tried to get a pic through the window that had a window box full of it dead flowers still in it. I thought it a red headed woodpecker, but turns out it's a red bellied one. Guess he bought a wig to match his belly! Time to fill that feeder up as I'd like to see this little guy become a regular visiter! 

No comments: